• Non sono ammesse registrazioni con indirizzi email temporanei usa e getta

BBC (28E) - specifically in or around Parma?

goggysan

Digital-Forum Junior
Hi, guys!

I am a UK citizen living in Parma and my kids need to learn not only the (British) English language but they also need to learn a lot about the (hopefully the best of British) culture, in order to really understand...

So, is there anyone who actually lives in or nearby Parma, who has good quality reception of BBC (ITV etc.)? The reason I ask specifically is those "lobes" one reads about here:

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/02/special-what-changed-in-european.html

Image5.jpg

Now, there are some conflicting pieces of information - or at least not exactly precise info - about what can be seen in these parts of the EU, as seen here:

https://maps.google.it/maps/ms?msid...,10.810547&spn=18.130227,32.124023&dg=feature

My would-be-satellite-installer changed his story since the last time we spoke about it, when he mentioned 120 cm dish - with problems in bad weather. Now he tells me I need at least 180 cm dish and even then, I would lose it in bad weather, which there is plenty of in Parma, aparently...

However, a guy in Piacenza (as seen in the map above) says he's getting them with 100 cm dish (or less), so... bonkers...:eusa_wall:Especially since I have a T90 dish with 0.1 dB Smart Titanium LNB and short 130dB cable and I can't see any of it... It doesn't matter if I use Ferrari 500 HD, AZbox HD Elite, XP1000 or any other receiver, with various Enigma2s or some Official FW...

And so, I simply must ask you...

Could you tell us exactly which equipment do you have - pretty please:

1) dish (made by which company, size, gain, how did you mount it [wall, ground, roof etc.] - all the relevant bits, if you can);

2) LNB (can it be a quad type, for instance?);

3) cable (dB, approximate length, connectors);

4) switch, if you use one;

5) receiver/tuner;

6) FW/image

In addition: do I need permission in Italy, to setup 180cm dish, for instance? What says the law? Especially if we rent an apartment in a building? (This is very important, too, obviously...)

Molto grazie!!!!! :)

First off all welcome in this board.
Secondly sorry for my bad english:)

I don't live in Parma or near but I'd like to give my experience and my suggestions regarding some part of a satellite system that it can be the most performance possible.

LNB: no way. IMHO for an offset dish best performance are gived by INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SINGLE
RECEIVER: I've found best tuner sensitivity in Dr.Hd F15 (you can easily find in the UK a "brother" version in English TECHNOMATE 5402 or BLADE 7000). OPENBOX SX has best tuner at the moment but it has some annoying bugs also

Important: these part will not Guarantee the reception of this satellite position from your location (most important thing is the dish diameter) but IMHO it will guarantee the best performance in specific part of you system.

best regards

welcome
I look south of Modena with 300 cm are at the limit because the signal degrades very quickly, but in a parma 200 cm should be enough to get signal in safety.
in Italy you do not need permission to install up to 350cm so you can go quiet

Thank you kindly, guys! Apreciated! ;)

I am looking to feed 3 places in my home (4 tuners), hence the question re. Quad LNB...

Also, I wouldn't know which dish of that size... Any recommendations and where to get it from, please?

So far in Italy I have little luck with Sat TV equipment... Usually seriously overpriced and very, very limited choice, if any.... Quality is what I am after, naturally...

Cheers! :)

If you want a quad imvho you can't go wrong with an invacom quad. It gives very good performances especially with rather big dishes.
If you need very large dishes starsat has them but they will cost you an arm and a leg :)
I can't really say which size you will need because 2f and 2e degrade very swiflty ( 80 km from were i live you only need a 100 cm dish. Here i probably need a 180 cm)

Yeah, that map gives nuts results...

Well, if only I could see the thing in action but sadly, I see no one here (in Parma) even remotely interested... :(

Could one put 3 or 4 LNBs on such disshes, would anyone know, please? For example, 28 in the centre and then 39E to one side and 26 and maybe 23,5E to the other...

If it is possible, I could focus the T90 on 19 E - 25 W or so and add one smaller dish (I have a 60cm one from before) for Hispasat (30W), if it would be sufficient...

Then, 16 in 1 switch comes into play and I could have a nice setup, I suppose, that covers most of the big satellites...

Btw, we need to move, so I am preparing - ergo, this info is very important to my family!

And so again: many thanx!!! :)

Ultima modifica:
Could one put 3 or 4 LNBs on such disshes, would anyone know, please? For example, 28 in the centre and then 39E to one side and 26 and maybe 23,5E to the other...

Of course you can

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:
I suppose I was imprecise, sorry...

I know it is possible but the Q is "Are there specific rails for multiple LNBs for these specific, very large dishes, say 2m ones - any images and addresses where to buy them, please?"

Thanx!

I suppose I was imprecise, sorry...

I know it is possible but the Q is "Are there specific rails for multiple LNBs for these specific, very large dishes, say 2m ones - any images and addresses where to buy them, please?"

Thanx!

This is a multifeed for a 2,7 meters laminas dish
Laminas dish are sold in italy by Starsat

Ultima modifica di un moderatore:
Very coool, thanx!

Whoa, the prices are spicy... red hot and screaming spicy! :D Why are the prices so much higher in Italy in comparison to, say, Germany? (Look at T90 - more than 40% more expensive in IT...)

I think I will buy directly from China, since these come in pieces anyhow, and then the installer and I will have some fun - I can't see myself paying 5 or more times than the Chinese manufacturer of these dishes, really...

And then we'll have to improvise with 2-3 additional LNB holders and put quad LNBs in those and see.... IF it ever comes to that... I mean, mounting it on a wall or a roof of an apartment seems a bit... dangerous... and I can see the other tenants in the building going nuts over it... An adventure, it seems, is afoot... :D

Thanx lads! it's a must but... how exactly? Ahem... Ohmmm... One step at the time... ;)

hxxp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4m-KU-Band-Satellite-Dish-240cm-Uk-Freesat-Abroad-Nile-Sat-Dish-Europe-TV-/201126967908?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2ed419fa64

+

hxxp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Invacom-0-3dB-C120-Quad-Universal-LNB-Feed-Horn-/220711334440?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_LNBs&hash=item33636bb228

:)

or have you got a van? you can take your family to venice...to do a romantic travel :laughing7:....and coming home with this for less then £ 100 (maybe) hxxp://www.subito.it/audio-video/parabola-da-220-venezia-98532887.htm?last=1 :D

Ultima modifica:
Wow! Nice finds, many thanx!

Not sure about the rusty romatic Venetian weekend, though, since that rod :D has seen better days, it seems to me... :D Plus, altogether it looks a bit too heavy... :D

The UK guys say they deliver to UK - not seen abroad...

We'll see... Cheers! :)

let's try to ask them! i'm sure that someone from italy bought that antenna dish ( fortec star) from uk in the past, and i think from them!

they must help a nice english friend! :D or are you scottish and voted yes for the indipence? :D

bye

p.s. sorry, a question, do you know "a damn man" :D called GORSKY69 ??? are you him? :) ....if yes, you are a mith! a genius! a pro! great t90 with 16 lnbs in scandiland? now in italy? tell me the truth please!!!:= here some lnb doesn't work! or not?

( magnificent satellite system (except epal :laughing7::D) great job! you are a big "GOLOSONE" :D ( you can translate golosone such as "GOOD STUFF HUNGRY" :lol:)

Ultima modifica:
Sh@te, I've been outed... :D :D :D Calm down, m8, I am blushing, even though you're not a girl... :D (Most kind! :) )

And no, I wouldn't have voted "yes" in that referendum... ;) I have seen what that silly atomisation based on nationalism brings, in its "developed" form, so I don't wish it upon anyone!!!

T90 here is obstructed by a wall of the balcony, so not everything works (not in the least because this time I set it up with some primitive signal meter that I have and the level/vertical tool that is tiny... :D ), sadly... I am losing signal in bad weather not only on 16E but even on big sats, he wrote furiously... :D

I am working on moving the family to a place that will be easy to use also in terms of satellite dish installation, so I can tinker with it untill I get it... Hence all the questions...

And ALL the aswers are seriously appreciated!!! :)

Stay tuned... ;)

From 28 east you can anyway receive some easy channels like CBS, movie4man, truemovie etc without a big dish.

Thanx, I know that, as you could see above, I have a T90 directed at it and I get plenty of channels at that position...

Just not the ones I would really need...:crybaby2::eusa_wall:

in Italy you do not need permission to install up to 350cm so you can go quiet

Hi, guys!

A clarification, please: I spoke to a pro installer today and he tells me that in IT one doesn't need permission for up to 120cm dish (but that up to 150cm is tolerated).

Which is true, please? In a block of flats, for instance? Is it the same if one has a house with a garden? Any clue which law regulates these issues, please?

Thanx!

P.S. A 2m dish next to my balcony is a problem, ha?

I have a 150 cm dish on the roof of my condo. No permission was required ( i asked the buildind administrator before installing)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, guys!

A clarification, please: I spoke to a pro installer today and he tells me that in IT one doesn't need permission for up to 120cm dish (but that up to 150cm is tolerated).

Which is true, please? In a block of flats, for instance? Is it the same if one has a house with a garden? Any clue which law regulates these issues, please?

Thanx!

P.S. A 2m dish next to my balcony is a problem, ha?

I had read that I was given by a technician POSTE E TELECOMUNICAZIONI but can not find anyway to more memory, the limit was 350 cm

I have a 150 cm dish on the roof of my condo. No permission was required ( i asked the buildind administrator before installing)

Any images, please? How thick and long is the mast, where and how exactly did you anchor it etc.?

Thanx!

Damnich, we keep searching, eh? ;)

Ultima modifica:
Indietro
Alto Basso