• Non sono ammesse registrazioni con indirizzi email temporanei usa e getta

Duda sobre actualizacion de firmware incorrecta?

LastNeo

Digital-Forum New User
Nas.

Me asalta una duda.

Que pasaria si se actualizara el firmware del deco con una version incorrecta por equivocacion, corrupta o que se cuelge el ordenador o se corte la luz durante el flasheo.

Quedaria el deco muerto?

Se prodria volver a cargar el firmware si falla la actualizacion?

En caso de quedar el deco muerto, hay posibilidad de recuperacion mediante J-Tag.

Gracias.

LastNeo,
please, i have already ask to you - write in english, if not possible in italian :icon_wink:
This is an italian forum, and people don't know spanish....
Thank you ! :)

It assaults a doubt to me.

That will be happen if I update STB's firmware with an incorrect version by mistake, or corrupt firmware or the PC fails or cuts the power during the flashing.

The STB will be Broken or It's possible to return to upload the firmware again?

In case of being left STB dead, there is capacity to restore forces and assets and control damage by means of J-Tag.

Thanks.

@ursigno, io non l'avevo capito... :icon_wink: ...se poi tu puoi fare da traduttore, ben venga !

@LastNeo,
is not possible to load a wrong firmware. There is a check that tests the STB boot/version, and - if compatible - load the firm, otherwise it doesn't.
In case the loading is interrupted, i think (but not tested !!) that is safe, because if you watch the operation is in two times: first, the loading, then, the overwriting of flash. Until you don't reach flash overwriting i think you would be safe.... :icon_cool:. And, in general, if boot remain safe, STB might be "recoverable".... (I don't know if someone tested JTAG)....

LastNeo aveva dei dubbi riguardanti la possibilita` di caricare un firmware errato, o su cosa potesse accadere in caso di caricamento del firmware che non va a buon fine (mancanza di corrente elettrica). Io l'ho tranquillizzato sul fatto che vi e` il controllo sul tipo di firmware (compatibile/incompatibile) e sull'eventualita` di recuperare se l'interruzione si verifica prima del "writing flash" (la prima parte del caricamento e` solo un trasferimento verso il decoder, la scrittura e` nella seconda fase). Questa (delle due fasi) e` una mia ipotesi, glielo ho accennato: lui chiedeva se era possibile ripristinare il decoder con un JTAG, ed io gli ho risposto che non ne ero a conoscenza.....

Indietro
Alto Basso